The TIB places importance on strategic partnerships and worldwide networking. New and further improvements in services are developed in the context of scientific projects with libraries and research organisations. The joint aim is to optimally support scientists in their work processes, be these in teaching and research or in commerce and industry.
As an active member of several national and international organisations and federations, the TIB works on current and future developments in its fields of expertise in various committees. A strategic setting of direction has, for example, been developed in the Allianz "Digital Information" priority initiative and in the Leibniz Association working groups. Furthermore, the TIB is in demand as a competent partner in issues such as copyright law, Open Access and research data.
There are existing collaborations with the following partners:
- Bibliothek der Eidgenössischen Technischen Hochschule (ETH), Zurich
- TU Delft Library
- DataCite e.V.
- FIZ Karlsruhe - Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure
- Goportis - Leibniz Library Network for Research Information
- National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo
- National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
- Technical University of Denmark
- WTI-Frankfurt eG
For example memberships in following networks:
- Deutscher Bibliotheksverband e.V. (DBV)
- Forschungszentrum L3S Research Center
- Gemeinsamer Bibliotheksverbund (GBV)
- International Association of Technological University Libraries (IATUL)
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Leibniz Association
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (LIBER)
- The International Council for Scientific and Technical Information (ICSTI)